No Comments

Park Home & Leisure Home Estate Agents

Park Home & Leisure Home Estate Agents

Many people selling their park home or leisure home are unaware that they can utilise the services of more than 1 estate agent to sell their property. However, this depends on the type of contract they have with their Estate Agent. Proceed with caution. As with all contracts, read thoroughly and seek clarification on anything that is confusing before you put pen to paper.

There are 5 different types of contract you could sign with an estate agent;

Sole selling

The estate agent retains the right to charge commission for the sale of the property even if you find a buyer independently without the assistance of the agent.

Sole agency

The estate agent is still the only agency with the selling rights. However, there is no commission to pay to the agent if you find a buyer yourself.

Multiple agency

You can take on a number of estate agents to market your property but you only have to pay a fee to the 1 agent that actually sells it. This contract usually specifies a higher commission rate.

Joint sole agency

You appoint 2 or more agencies to work together to sell your property and they split the fee equally between themselves, irrespective of who is responsible for the sale.

Ready, willing & able

It is recommended to stay away from this type of contract. If the estate agent finds you a buyer and you pull out of the sale, you will still be required to pay them.